The ANU Climate Change Institute's vision is to build and support a cohesive, interactive community of climate change-related researchers and teachers at the ANU.
Our mission is to contribute to climate change solutions through innovative, interdisciplinary approaches to research and teaching, drawing on the wealth of expertise throughout the University, and to connect our work to governments, the private sector and civil society.
The strategies we use to achieve our mission are:
- Building a collaborative community of climate change scholars across the University via seminars, symposia and other internal events
- Developing research aimed at tackling critical climate change issues through stimulating disciplinary work, initiating and supporting new interdisciplinary approaches, and enhancing adoption pathways, supported by new external funding
- Working with academic areas to support the development and delivery of exciting, innovative climate-oriented courses at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels
- Providing policy-relevant advice to the Australian and ACT Governments, supported by our expertise, our ongoing research, and our role as the national university
- Communicating the activities and outcomes of the ANU climate change community to a wide range of audiences locally, nationally and internationally
- Developing strategies to enhance uptake of our research across government and industry.
Read our 2016 ANU Annual Report here.