Dr Rod Lamberts is Deputy Director of the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (CPAS) at the Australian National University and a former National President of the Australian Science Communicators (retired injured in 2013).
He has nearly 20 years experience as a science communication practitioner, facilitator and researcher and has at least once been referred to as an expert of international standing in the field. Rod has provided science communication advice to a wide variety of private and public science-related agencies in Australia and overseas (including the CSIRO, UNESCO & APPEA) and is a regular public commentator on science, science communication, and science and public policy. When not lurking at the ANU, he can be heard around the ABC radio network doing things like Research Filter and Blinded by Science, or read in places like The Conversation (or even doing this).
- Vice-Chancellor's Award for Public Policy and Outreach, 2015
- ANU Top Supervisor Award 2010
- ANU Top Supervisor Award 2009
- ANU Media Award- ‘Best emerging talent’ 2010
- ANU Media Award- ‘Best leverage & engagement through a public event’ 2010
- ANU Vice Chancellors award for supervision 2009
- ANU Vice Chancellors award for a program that enhances learning 2009
- ANU Vice Chancellors award for teaching excellence 2007
- ANU College of Science teaching excellence 2006
- Conference Chair: Australian Science Communicators National conference (to be held in February, 2012)
- Chair: research committee: Australian Science Communicators National conference (to be held in February, 2012)
- Chair: research committee: Australian Science Communicators National conference. September 2009 - February 2010
- Chair: Expert Working Group (University Research) June – December, 2010 . A working group of the National Steering Committee on Developing an Evidence base for science engagement in Australia. Inspiring Australia
- Report - Developing an Evidence Base for Science Engagement in Australia: Expert working group recommendations (March, 2011)
- Chair: Pacific Science Association Taskforce on Science Communication. December 2007 – May, 2010.