I have been actively engaged in research/development in spatio-temporal and bioclimatic modelling and relevant fields since the early 1980s, and have gained extensive experience in climate change and climate data analysis, environmental and natural resources investigation, assessment and mapping, agricultural crop yield and production forecasting, and other relevant applications. I also have a solid background and productive application experience with GIS, Remote Sensing and computing.
Currently I am involved in the project “Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Network” and various climate change research and other projects in the School. I provide central support to two of the School's main themes - Global Change and Landscapes, Water and Biodiversity - and key contributions to the School’s undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as to international cooperation activities across the ANU.
- Senior Manager (Research) 2011 – present (Senior Modeller 2005 – 2010), Fenner School of Environment & Society, ANU
- Research Scientist 1999-2005 and Manager for spatial data management and modelling 2001-2005, AGRECON, University of Canberra.
- Senior GIS officer 1998-1999, ERIN, Department of Environment and Heritage of Australia.
- PhD Student 1994-1997 and Research Officer 1995-1997, CRES, ANU.
- Visiting Fellow 1992-1993, CRES, ANU.
- Assistant Professor 1985-1991, Institute of Remote Sensing and GIS, Beijing University.