Israr's research examines various dimensions of sustainability. He is currently involved in multiple research projects that investigate various aspects of social value creation through social entrepreneurship and Information and Communication Technology for Sustainable Development (ICTSD). His intrinsic motivation to contribute to society in general and to the poor, marginalized and disadvantaged communities in particular inspired Israr to understand sustainability and pressing social issues from theoretical and practical viewpoints. While genuinely aware of the business actions that might create some of these very issues, Israr begins to appreciate how ICTSD and social business models, if implemented with the intent of pursuing a ‘triple-bottom line’ and with the philosophy of ‘first do no harm’, might help address some of the more acute social issues through social value creation.
- Bhatt, B, Qureshi, I & Riaz, S 2019, 'Social entrepreneurship in non-munificent institutional environments and implications for institutional work: Insights from China', Journal of Business Ethics.
- Wang, T, Qureshi, I, Deeds, D et al 2019, 'How do technology ventures signal IPO quality? A configurational approach', Journal of Business Research, vol. 99, pp. 105-114pp.
- Hota, P, Mitra, S & Qureshi, I 2019, 'Adopting Bricolage to Overcome Resource Constraints: The Case of Social Enterprises in Rural India', Management and Organization Review, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 371-402.
- Zwanenburg, S & Qureshi, I 2019, 'Anticipating, avoiding, and alleviating measurement error: A synthesis of the literature with practical recommendations', Australasian Journal of Information Systems, vol. 23, pp. 1-21.
- Qureshi, I, Sutter, C & Bhatt, B 2018, 'The Transformative Power of Knowledge Sharing in Settings of Poverty and Social Inequality', Organization Studies, pp. 1-25.
- Qureshi, I, Fang, Y, Haggerty, N et al 2018, 'IT-Mediated Social Interactions and Knowledge Sharing: Role of Competence-Based Trust and Background Heterogeneity', Information Systems Journal, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 929-955.
- Konrad, A, Siedel, M, Lo, E et al 2017, 'Variety, Dissimilarity, and Status Centrality in MBA Networks: Is the Minority or the Majority More Likely to Network Across Diversity?', Academy of Management Learning and Education, vol. 16, no. 3.
- Riaz, S & Qureshi, I 2017, 'Emergence of a New Institutional Logic: Shaping the Institutionally Complex Field of Community Radio in India
', Research in the Sociology of Organizations, vol. 50, pp. 383-418.
- Qureshi, I, Kistruck, G & Bhatt, B 2016, 'The Enabling and Constraining Effects of Social Ties in the Process of Institutional Entrepreneurship', Organization Studies, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 425-447pp.
- Bhardwaj, A, Qureshi, I, Konrad, A et al 2016, 'A Two-Wave Study of Self-Monitoring Personality, Social Network Churn, and In-Degree Centrality in Close Friendship and General Socializing Networks
', Group and Organization Management, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 526-559pp.
- Wang, X, Fang, Y, Qureshi, I et al 2015, 'Understanding employee innovative behavior: Integrating the social network and leader-member exchange perspectives
', Journal of Organizational Behavior, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 403-420pp.
- Bansal, P, Gao, J & Qureshi, I 2014, 'The extensiveness of corporate social and environmental commitment across firms over time', Organization Studies, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 949-966pp.
- Fang, Y, Qureshi, I, Sun, H et al 2014, 'Trust, Satisfaction, and Online Repurchase Intention: The Moderating Role of Perceived Effectiveness of E-Commerce Institutional Mechanisms', MIS Quarterly, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 407-427pp.
- Lee, S, Qureshi, I, Konrad, A et al 2014, 'Proactive Personality Heterophily and the Moderating Role of Proactive Personality on Network Centrality and Psychological Outcomes: A Longitudinal Study', Journal of Business and Psychology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 381-395pp.
- Kistruck, G, Qureshi, I & Beamish, P 2013, 'Geographic and Product Diversification in Charitable Organizations', Journal of Management, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 496-530.
- Kistruck, G, Beamish, P, Qureshi, I et al 2013, 'Social Intermediation in Base-of-the-Pyramid Markets', Journal of Management Studies, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 31-66.
- Qureshi, I & Fang, Y 2011, 'Socialization in Open Source Software Projects: A Growth Mixture Modeling Approach', Organizational Research Methods, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 208-238.
- Harrigan, P, Schroeder, A, Qureshi, I et al 2010, 'Internet Technologies, ECRM Capabilities, and Performance Benefits for SMEs: An Exploratory Study', International Journal of Electronic Commerce, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 7-45.
- Qureshi, I, Fang, Y, Ramsey, E et al 2009, 'Understanding online customer repurchasing intention and the mediating role of trust: an empirical investigation in two developed countries', European Journal of Information Systems.
- Qureshi, I & Compeau, D 2009, 'Assessing between-group differences in information systems research: a comparison of covariance- and component-based SEM
', MIS Quarterly, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 197-214.